How many times have you heard this phrase?
No, my fabulous pharmacy friends, these items are often considerably MORE expensive than gold… we’re talking Americium expensive.
For comparison, the price of Ridaura — a gold salt in capsule form — is $295.79 for 60 caps.*
In no particular order:
- Zyvox (linezolid): $1,546.78 for 20 tablets.
- Cocaine HCl 135mg: $1,144.80 for 100 tablets
- 1L of normal saline: $100**
- Casodex (bicalutamide): $519.76 for 30 tablets.
- Enbrel (etanercept): $7,500/ounce.
- Lamisil (terbinafine): $435.84 for 30 tablets.
- OxyContin 80mg: $662.31 for 90 tablets. (Street value is approximately $7,200 for these same 90 tabs).
- Aldara (imiquimod) cream: $268.38 for 12×1 gram packets.
- Vancocin: $651.85 for 20 pulvules
- Iressa (gefitinib): $2,127.35 for 30 tablets
- Gleevec (imatinib): $3,563.26 for 30 tablets.
Got anything to add?
* All prices are AWP.
** Except this one. ;)
5 thoughts on ““What’s this made out of? Gold?””
Given the eye-popping price for saline, I think we’re all in the wrong business. Let’s come up with a homeopathic remedy of bottled water and 0.0001% of just about anything, and clean house!
i like gold things
This is the great blog, I’m reading them for a while, thanks for the new posts!
Wow I guess that would really be somehow made of gold. That is really, really expensive and only for millionaires only, no doubt about that.