How many times have you heard this phrase?
No, my fabulous pharmacy friends, these items are often considerably MORE expensive than gold… we’re talking Americium expensive.
In no particular order:
- Zyvox (linezolid): $1,546.78 for 20 tablets.
- Cocaine HCl 135mg: $1,144.80 for 100 tablets
- 1L of normal saline: $100**
- Casodex (bicalutamide): $519.76 for 30 tablets.
- Enbrel (etanercept): $7,500/ounce.
- Lamisil (terbinafine): $435.84 for 30 tablets.
- OxyContin 80mg: $662.31 for 90 tablets. (Street value is approximately $7,200 for these same 90 tabs).
- Aldara (imiquimod) cream: $268.38 for 12×1 gram packets.
- Vancocin: $651.85 for 20 pulvules
- Iressa (gefitinib): $2,127.35 for 30 tablets
- Gleevec (imatinib): $3,563.26 for 30 tablets.
Got anything to add?
* All prices are AWP.
** Except this one. ;)